The Malaysian Giant Turtle inhabits freshwater swamps, lakes and river systems. The diet in the wild is unknown, but captives are omnivorous. Little information is available about the species life history. Orlitia borneensis is considered Endangered in Indonesia and reported mostly from national parks; they appear to be declining in abundance due to habitat loss and intensive illegal exploitation.
#Malaysian Giant #Turtles live in swamps, lakes and rivers. They’re critically endangered by #palmoil #deforestation and illegal exploitation in Asian food markets. Protect them with a #Boycott4Wildlife on brands destroying their homeTweet
Help with conservation of this creature
Horne, B.D., Das, I., Hamidy, A., Kusrini, M.D., Guntoro, J. & As-singkily, M. 2020. Orlitia borneensis. The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2020: e.T15509A724972. https://dx.doi.org/10.2305/IUCN.UK.2020-2.RLTS.T15509A724972.en. Downloaded on 24 January 2021.
How can I help the #Boycott4Wildlife?
1. Join the #Boycott4Wildlife on social media and subscribe to stay in the loop: Share posts from this website to your own network on Twitter, Mastadon, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube using the hashtags #Boycottpalmoil #Boycott4Wildlife.
2. Contribute stories: Academics, conservationists, scientists, indigenous rights advocates and animal rights advocates working to expose the corruption of the palm oil industry or to save animals can contribute stories to the website.
3. Supermarket sleuthing: Next time you’re in the supermarket, take photos of products containing palm oil. Share these to social media along with the hashtags to call out the greenwashing and ecocide of the brands who use palm oil. You can also take photos of palm oil free products and congratulate brands when they go palm oil free.
4. Take to the streets: Get in touch with Palm Oil Detectives to find out more.
5. Donate: Make a one-off or monthly donation to Palm Oil Detectives as a way of saying thank you and to help pay for ongoing running costs of the website and social media campaigns. Donate here