These brands (all of them RSPO members) use palm oil linked to the destruction of rainforests – the precious habitat of endangered species.
Every year, these brands (along with many others) contributed to the destruction of 100,000’s of hectares of rainforest in Indonesia, Malaysia and Papua New Guinea, West Papua, South and Central America and Africa. Therefore, these brands are directly involved in the extinction of thousands of endangered species.
You can help the animals and the forest by changing your supermarket choices and boycotting these mega brands along with all sub-brands. Here are some palm oil free alternatives too.
The #Boycott4Wildlife is a boycott on supermarket brands, all @rspotweets members eg. @MDLZ @KelloggsUS @danone @Jnjcares @cussonspro @Pepsi @CocaCola that cause #deforestation for #palmoil despite being @RSPOtweets membersTweet
@Hersheys @Nestle @Unilever @Jnjcares @cussonspro @Pepsi @CocaCola and more cause #deforestation #humanrights abuses for #palmoil despite being @RSPOtweets members #Boycottpalmoil #FightGreenwashing #Boycott4WildlifeTweet
These are the forgotten animals of the secretly destroyed forests…
They have no formal protections in place
Their species exist on the knife-edge of survival
Can you pledge to protect them by boycotting brands destroying their home?
Can you stop eating the meat and palm oil in products that’s killing their home?
Feature Image: Used with permission from Robin Wood Deutschland
How can I help the #Boycott4Wildlife?
1. Join the #Boycott4Wildlife on social media and subscribe to stay in the loop: Share posts from this website to your own network on Twitter, Mastadon, Instagram, Facebook and Youtube using the hashtags #Boycottpalmoil #Boycott4Wildlife.
2. Contribute stories: Academics, conservationists, scientists, indigenous rights advocates and animal rights advocates working to expose the corruption of the palm oil industry or to save animals can contribute stories to the website.
3. Supermarket sleuthing: Next time you’re in the supermarket, take photos of products containing palm oil. Share these to social media along with the hashtags to call out the greenwashing and ecocide of the brands who use palm oil. You can also take photos of palm oil free products and congratulate brands when they go palm oil free.
4. Take to the streets: Get in touch with Palm Oil Detectives to find out more.
5. Donate: Make a one-off or monthly donation to Palm Oil Detectives as a way of saying thank you and to help pay for ongoing running costs of the website and social media campaigns. Donate here