Welcome to Palm Oil Detectives
Use your wallet as a weapon in the supermarket: #Boycott4Wildlife
Learn about greenwashing and corruption in the palm oil industry and how to fight for the animals you love…
Corporate greed is the root cause of the environmental crisis we are in.
Corporate lobbying and greenwashing are the invisible forces that govern our lives and consumer choices.
A vibrant community of caring conservationists and creative people
Search entire website
Stay updated and subscribe
We create art that promotes the natural intelligence, beauty and power of animals.
We are brave
We are caring, real and kind to each other. In a world of shouting human voices, spouting hatred, fear and politics –we are the voices of reason for endangered species.
We are global
We come from all over the world, speak many languages and are at every stage of our lives and careers.
We are bold
As we stare down the barrel of the next mass extinction event on earth, we are ready to act, resist and express the voices of endangered species and indigenous peoples before they disappear forever.
We advocate for non-violent resistance to indigenous land-grabbing, destruction of animal habitats, logging and deforestation.
We use our wallets as weapons and boycott the brands that continue to destroy forests, displace indigenous people and make spectacular animals disappear forever.
Share your creative work and inspire like-minded people, who love wildlife and the natural world.
Share your work and inspire like-minded people who will support you with your conservation work.
Learn about brands and their deforestation activities for palm oil and other commodities.
Learn about the animals that are fast disappearing from the planet due to tropical deforestation.
10 Tactics of Sustainable Palm Oil Greenwashing
Learn about the greenwashing of so-called ‘sustainable’ palm oil in this ten part series. These same principles can easily be applied to: fossil fuels, extractive open-cut mining, timber, meat, dairy and soy industries.
These creatives, conservationists and scientists support the #Boycott4Wildlife. Read their stories…
These animals are threatened by tropical deforestation for palm oil, soy, meat and other ingredients. Read more…
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it.”
How can I help the #Boycott4Wildlife?
1. Join the #Boycott4Wildlife: Share posts from this website to your own network on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook using the hashtags #Boycottpalmoil #Boycott4Wildlife.
2. Contribute stories: Academics, conservationists, scientists, indigenous rights advocates and animal rights advocates working to expose the corruption of the palm oil industry or to save animals can contribute stories to the website.
3. Supermarket sleuthing: Next time you’re in the supermarket, take photos of products containing palm oil. Share these to social media along with the hashtags to call out the greenwashing and ecocide of the brands who use palm oil. You can also take photos of palm oil free products and congratulate brands when they go palm oil free.
4. Take to the streets: Get in touch with Palm Oil Detectives to find out more.
5. Donate: Make a one-off or monthly donation to Palm Oil Detectives as a way of saying thank you or to help pay for ongoing running costs.
Did you enjoy visiting this website?
Palm Oil Detectives is 100% self-funded
Palm Oil Detectives is completely self-funded by its creator. All hosting and website fees and investigations into brands are self-funded by the creator of this online movement. If you like what I am doing, you and would like me to help meet costs, please send Palm Oil Detectives a thanks on Ko-Fi.